Friday, September 12, 2014

All Out of Ideas?

            First of all, I would like to apologize to everyone who reads this for not having made a post last week. I could not think of anything worth writing about, and before I knew it, Friday had come and gone.
I wasn’t quite sure what I was going to write about this week either, so I figured it would be a good idea to write about not knowing what to write about.
Honestly, there’s no reason not to know what to write, because you can write about anything. Knowing what to write about is more about just writing and seeing where it takes you. This may be difficult at first, but with a little practice it can be very easy and a good way to open your mind to new ideas that you didn’t realize you had.
Really, writing is like any other thing; you have to practice in order to get better. Many people have exercise routines that they follow everyday. Writing should be no different, whatever kind of writing you do. Make it an important part of your schedule and it will get easier, and you will get better.
Getting up at 5:30 every morning to write has become an important part of my daily schedule. It makes me feel better, it’s a way to clear my mind and start my day with a little success and creativity. You don’t have to get up at 5:30 in the morning—because most people probably value their sleep a little more than I do—you don’t even have to write every day if you don’t think you have the time, but you should definitely try your hand at it, try to make it a regular part of your life.
Anything can be an inspiration to write, don’t wait to come up with a great idea before you write, write simple things into greatness.

I’m sorry about the shortness and lack of structure of this post, as I said; it was a bit of a spur-of-the-moment idea, but if you like what I write, please share it with your friends.
I’m considering doing a creative writing based post on the second Friday of every month, things that might possibly be included in future posts would be: Writing prompts, Writing/Editing advice, Possibly examples of my own creative writing attempts, challenges. Would you like to read any of this? Comment below what you think.

Also, I’d love to read what you have written. Feel free to put poems, prose or nonfiction either in the comments, or send it to me through another medium. I would be happy to read, comment, or critique your work.

5 comments:

  1. If only I had a grill and some burgers, I could be the "Great and Powerful OZ!!". Love your writing and hope you do take that trip to California. Life is only so long and the more great experiences you can pack in, the better. Also, I started a few weeks back getting up at 5:30am to write about 3 pages before starting my day. Not always consistent but getting into the habit and finding I enjoy it. Just private thoughts mostly as it's more about clearing my mind and self discovery than writing. We'll just have to see where it leads. If it turns into anything more I'll share it with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might put something up sometime. I could use a little feedback on a scene in one of my best stories yet. :)
    And yes, you should! I'd love to see what you can come up with. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Anonymous'

    Thank you.
    Good job on the writing! You should really do NaNoWriMo this year, just try. It really doesn't take any more than what you said you're already doing. I'd love to read some of it. Good luck!

    -The Man Behind the Curtain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jade

    That would be great!
    Thank you, I'll try to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! I think I finished typing up the scene...but I can't remember. Anyways I'll just send it over to you when it's finished.
    I'm sure you'll come up with something great. :D

    ReplyDelete